Bridging the Gap: Search Conferencing for Community and Organizational Development
Organizations and communities are faced with overwhelming hurdles for moving forward. The magic for bridging the current situation into a vision for the future is capacity building.
Building capacity means learning how to cultivate the strengths in an organization and community. Strategic planning, problem-solving, and decision-making are critical activities, but they cannot happen in a vacuum. Nor can they happen in isolation. AlterNation has extensive experience in helping to build a capacity so that these crucial activities become truly collaborative and productive. To do that we employ the search conference.
Our two day search conference is designed to help communities and organizations overcome political turbulence and organizational chaos. Topics include:
- What is a search conference and how can it help us?
- Practical working sessions in groups
- Tackling real-life problems in a collaborative environment
- Facilitating a vision for moving forward
- First steps toward a realistic action plan