Bridging the Gap: Search Conferencing for
Community and Organizational Development
Organizations and communities are faced with overwhelming hurdles
for moving forward. The magic for bridging the current situation
into a vision for the future is capacity building.
Building capacity means learning how to cultivate the strengths
in an organization and community. Strategic planning, problem-solving,
and decision-making are critical activities, but they cannot happen
in a vacuum. Nor can they happen in isolation. AlterNation has extensive
experience in helping to build a capacity so that these crucial
activities become truly collaborative and productive. To do that
we employ the search conference.
Our two day search conference is designed to help communities and
organizations overcome political turbulence and organizational chaos.
- What is a search conference and how can it help us?
- Practical working sessions in groups
- Tackling real-life problems in a collaborative environment
- Facilitating a vision for moving forward
- First steps toward a realistic action plan